- It’s a real credit card – not a prepaid or debit card, that helps you build or improve your credit score.
- When you apply – you’ll also be opening a USAA 2-year Certificate of Deposit (CD), an interest-earning deposit account that has a two-year term and a $250-minimum initial deposit.
- Your CD is a security deposit – the money you put in upfront, from $250 to $5,000, is the card’s credit limit.
- Earn interest on your CD – your deposit is guaranteed to grow. Plus the money is yours to keep as long as you don’t default on your payments.
- Start building your credit – opening a CD lets you get a credit card even if you don’t have a credit history or have bad credit.
- Before starting your application, USAA will ask you a few questions to establish your online access and eligibility with USAA.
- If you are not eligible, USAA credit cards and other products may still be available.